Team 308 officially wrapped up the 2014 season with the Michigan FRC State Championship. For the Monsters this was one of our hardest, most fun, and best seasons in recent history. We worked this year as a team more than ever to plan and play our game, design and develop the robot, and scout our alliance strategies. From the first week of freezing weather and ‘snow days’ to the last three weeks of consecutive (Livonia, Lansing, Ypsilanti) competitions it was a great season. We recruited new students, mentors, and sponsors while getting more done quicker and better. We also graduated our largest group of senior students with a season of more experience, competition, hard work, and fun. For most it was their fourth straight year on the Monsters.
- Howell district event (7-5-0) qualifying 16th overall but gaining a first pick to compete with Rochester Adams High school (Team 245) 3rd seed alliance to finish in the Semi-Finals
- Livonia district event (8-4-0) qualifying 8th overall and completing the quarterfinals as Captain of the 6th seeded alliance.
- Lansing district event (9-3-0) qualifying 5th overall and completing the quarterfinals as Captain of the 4th seeded alliance. A team best for the Monsters.
- Qualified for Michigan FRC State Finals (5-7-0) competing in 12 tough matches with the state’s best 64 teams. At the end of the match the Monsters ranked 44th out of 270 total teams in Michigan.
The Monsters also received the following awards:
- Delphi Excellence in Engineering Award – Howell
- Rockwell Automation Innovation in Control Award – Livonia
- Motorola Quality Award – Lansing